Taking a moment to reflect on this past year’s accomplishments as we begin 2018:
– We kicked off the year with Special Elections for two outstanding Democrats: State Senator Jennifer McClellan (9th) and Delegate Jeffrey Bourne (71st).
– With the help of our Communications Committee, Henrico Democrats launched a new and improved website.
– As campaign season got underway, our Outreach Committee organized enthusiastic volunteers and candidates who engaged with constituents at the Filipino Festival, McShin Recovery Fest, Virginia State Fair, and Glen Allen Day.
– Our Fundraising Committee planned a fantastic Henrico Blue Rally in October with soon to be Lieutenant Governor-elect Justin Fairfax among the special guests.
– Thanks to the generous support of members and other donors, Henrico Democrats mailed 25,000 Democratic sample ballots to voters and printed another 35,000 for distribution on Election Day.
– Our Precinct Organization Committee helped coordinate poll greeters to hand out those sample ballots to voters at the vast majority of Henrico’s 91 voting precincts.
– With Courtney Lynch’s victory, Democrats took control of the Henrico Board of Supervisors.
– We had incredible Democratic candidates running in every district in Henrico County. Dawn Adams, Lamont Bagby, Jeffrey Bourne, Delores McQuinn, Debra Rodman, and Schuyler Van Valkenburg will represent Henrico constituents well in the General Assembly. Although they came up a little short, Sheila Bynum-Coleman and Melissa Dart ran impressive, competitive races helping to ensure victories for the Democratic candidates at the top of the ticket.
2018 is shaping up to be another exciting year as Democrats in Henrico and across Virginia work together to defeat Republican Congressman Dave Brat (7th Dist) and re-elect Congressman Donald McEachin (4th Dist) and US Senator Tim Kaine. We thank all our supporters and Past Chair Cheryl Zando for her amazing leadership over the last 4 years.
Looking forward to continuing the #BlueWave in 2018!