Election Day is coming up. Are you prepared?
- In order to have your vote counted in Virginia, you must vote at your correct polling place.
#2: Make an Election Day Plan
- Decide when to vote. Peak hours are usually in the morning and evening, so there may be longer lines during those hours.
- Need a ride to the polls? In Henrico County, call us: 804-505-0757, otherwise call the Voter Hotline: 844-4VA-VOTE(844-482-8683)
- Click here to help make your Election Day easier
#3: Voting Accessibility
- In accordance with the Help America Vote Act, Virginia is in the process of making all of its polling places accessible for all voters. However, if you’re concerned about your ability to get into the polling place, curbside voting is available for voters over the age of 65 or those with disabilities. If you choose to vote using this option, an election officer will bring voting equipment out to your car so you can vote. You also have the option of requesting an annual absentee ballot.
- A voter who does not bring an acceptable photo ID to the polls will be offered a provisional ballot.
- If you do not have any of the below forms of ID, you can obtain a FREE photo ID for voting purposes at the Office of Voter Registration Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm at:
- Western Gov’t Center, Admin Building Annex, Room 105, 4301 E. Parham Rd., Henrico, VA 23228
- Eastern Gov’t Center, Room 100, 3820 Nine Mile Rd., Henrico, VA 23223
Here are many different types of photo IDs that voters can use when they vote. All of the acceptable forms of photo ID can be used up to a year after ID has expired. These photo IDs include:
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Valid Virginia DMV issued Veteran’s ID card
- Valid United States Passport
- Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by US Government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the Commonwealth)
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal ID issued by one of 11 tribes recognized by the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (must be from an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
- Valid student ID issued by a public school or private school in Virginia displaying a photo
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business
- For a more detailed list of acceptable IDs >>>